The Procurement Officer should report to the Chief Executive Officer.
• Degree in Purchasing and Supply management or equivalent
• At least three years in Procurement preferably in a public institution
• A professional qualification in Supply Chain Management is an added advantage
• Appropriate registration with reputable procurement boards or institutes
• Firm knowledge of procurement legislation and regulations in Zimbabwe
• Strong negotiation skills
• At least 30 years of age
Duties and Responsibilities
• The incumbent will responsible for:
• Overseeing procurement of goods and services for Council in line with procurement regulations;
• Leading in contract negotiations with contractors;
• Advising the Accounting Officer and Procurement Management Unit on all procurement issues;
• Determining applicable procurement methods to be used when requests are received;
• Reviewing tender documents in line with Procurement Act and Procurement Regulations;
• Producing monthly procurement reports for the Accounting Officer;
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the Accounting Officer and Procurement Management Unit.
In return, the Council offers attractive packages to be disclosed to shortlisted candidates.