Under the direction of the District Team Leader, the driver shall provide a variety of transportation support to the project.
Duties and responsibilities:
· Convey FHI 360 staff and consultants to designated approved locations.
· Ensure adequate safety, cleanliness, security and maintenance of the project vehicle as assigned.
· Ensure proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tyres, brakes, car washing, etc.
· Ensure availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, and necessary spare parts.
· Route planning and requirements by studying schedule or ad-hoc request by the office.
· Ensure passengers adhere to all road safety regulations.
· Fulfill special requests by picking up and delivering items as directed.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
· Mature and willing to work at odd hours.
· Good written, oral, interpersonal and organization skills.
· Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors and recipients of assistance.
Qualifications and requirements:
· 5 O’ levels, and any other relevant certificates
· 5 years experience, NGO experience an added advantage.
· Must have a trade test certificate and a valid class 4 driving license.
· Must have expert knowledge of driving rules and regulations.
· Experience as a driver-mechanic will be an added advantage.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time