Applications should be holders of a first degree in Sport or equivalent. Applicants must have at least five years experience of managing and administering sports at tertiary institutions. A clean class 4 drivers’ licence is a must
Duties And Responsibilities
• Draw and ensure implementation of the section calendar
• Organise, co-ordinate and monitor use of both physical and financial resources of the section e.g sporting facilities on one hand and affiliations to various associations on the other
• Source sponsorship in cash or kind from the various stakeholders who do business with the institution.
• Lead and accompany various teams on trips and excursions
• Supervise and provide leadership to subordinates
• Providing overall strategic leadership, direction and management of diverse University sporting activities.
• Promote the University’s sporting and recreational vision, mission and objectives and ensure that these draw from as well as feed into the National Sports Academy’s vision, mission and objectives
• Properly direct, manage the staff, equipment and finances of the academy
• Develop and manage the university sports academy by ensuring a wide range of organized activities on offer
• Develop collaboration and strategic partnerships with sports organizations (Sports and Recreation Commission, Zimbabwe Olympic Committee and National Sports Association foundations, corporate world and government agencies).
• Perform any other duties as required by the Dean of Students.