To advise the LEX Manager on an ongoing basis on:
The current security situation, including criminality, in the country as a whole; and Any specific threats to company personnel, assets and information and business operations/activities, as soon as these are known.
- Provide the input and advice necessary for the development, review and updating of the security element of contingency plans throughout the Company.
- Provide briefings for international staff/visitors on ‘in-country’ security issues and on the security situations prevailing in the country.
- Conduct any security enquiry, investigation and survey/review in relation to any aspect of security. The aim of such enquiry, investigation and survey/review being to determine what happened, identify any weaknesses, draw appropriate and supportable conclusions and make recommendations to prevent any recurrence.
- Investigate all work serious accidents and illness or environmental incidences in compliance with the British American Tobacco reporting procedures.
- Formulate, propose, implement and revise when necessary, the security policy for the Company
Formulate, direct and supervise security procedures for the protection of:
- Company personnel/families/visitors.
- Tobacco products in respect of their storage and distribution.
- Company assets, information, property and business operations activities.
- Ensure that a report, in standard format, is submitted monthly to the Area Security Manager.
- Ensure that security procedures within BAT Zimbabwe are according to British American Tobacco Policies and Best Practice and adequately protect company personnel, assets, business operations/activities and intellectual property/information throughout the area.
- Devise and co-ordinate appropriate security officer training.
- Compile and agree security budget and manage within them.
- Ensure that complete, accurate and fully referenced records are kept and maintained for EHS related licenses, permits, inventories, measurements and data arising from the day-to-day management of all EHS matters affecting the company, and to provide evidence of compliance or non-compliance to regulatory or company policies
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree in security management or social sciences
- Minimum 6- 7 years of working experience
- Professional qualification in security management
- Prior experience with military/ police service.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work cross functional.
- Previous experience in a management role would be a plus.