1. A first degree in Accounting or Finance. A professional qualification such as ACCA or CIMA will be an advantage.
2. In-depth working knowledge of accounting software packages, especially Sun Systems, Vision XL and Vision Executive.
3. Excellent computer literacy skills, especially in MS Excel.
4. In-depth working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the World Vision International Finance Field Manual.
5. In-depth working knowledge of grant accounting. Knowledge of how to prepare, review, and present financial statements and financial reports.